Join in on the fun! Snowshoe Outing!
Event Date: Saturday, February 21, 2015
Join the REI Outdoor professional guides on a scenic snowshoe outing. Enjoy the cool air, quiet, and beauty of a landscape blanketed in snow. Prior snowshoeing experience is not required.
- Event Location: Donner Summit / Castle Peak
- Price per person: $40.00 (including gear)
- Length of Trip: Around 5 Hours ( 2 hours hike – Lunch break – 2 hour hike)
- Parking – Snow Pass: $5.00 per vehicle (carpool suggested)
If you like to join in on the fun, REI will have a website up and running soon to register.
If you have any questions, please contact me.
Happy Snowshoe Trails!
Marylin Campbell firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is the registration link for your Snowshoe Tour: http://www.rei.com/AddSessionToCart?sessionId=108533
Please include our Gear List in your email to those interested:
REQUIRED GEAR LIST: Please double check to ensure you have everything needed!
- Base Layers – Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks – Wool or Synthetic.
- Warm Mid Layers – Down or Synthetic.
- Waterproof or Water Resistant Outerwear – Jacket & Pants.
- Warm Hat & Gloves.
- Insulated Waterproof Boots.
- Additional Warm Synthetic Clothing.
- Sun Protection – Sunglasses, Sunscreen, Lip Balm.
- 2 Liters of Water – At least two one-liter water bottles or a large hydration bladder.
- Lunch & Snacks.
- Day Pack – large enough to carry gear, water, food and layers.
Please go to any REI for assistance in choosing the appropriate clothing for this class.
OPTIONAL GEAR LIST:
- Foam Sit Pad.
- Personal Hiking Poles.
- Personal Gaiters.
- Personal Snowshoes.
- Personal Camera.
REI PROVIDED GEAR LIST:
- Hiking Poles.
If any questions arise I can be contacted at (916)759-3440.
Senior Instructor – Sierra Market